The Font is an interesting octagonal 15th century piece of stonework, carved on seven sides with suitable Christian subjects. One of these is the Agnus Dei or Lamb of God representing Jesus. There is a similar font in Southfleet church, but the carving differs, suggesting a medieval pun, The Agnus Dei at Southfleet is a wooly animal, whilst the one at Shorne is quite smooth — a “shorn” lamb.
- National Register of Clergy 14 January 2021
- Bishop supports protections for children in covert intelligence bill 13 January 2021
- Judge David Turner to be Deputy Chair of the Clergy Discipline Commission 11 January 2021
- Response from the Bishop of London to new Covid-19 restrictions 4 January 2021
- Starting term amid Covid-19 uncertainty: schools need collaboration, wisdom and hope 4 January 2021
- National Epiphany service from the 'land where it all happened' hears prayers for peace 1 January 2021