Unfortunately government restrictions are still affecting our church activities. The church is following the requirements and recommendations of the government and the Church of England and is keeping the situation under review. See below for more information.
Cancellations and consequences
Services are being held in the church but observing public health requirements to make them “covid secure” – see below. The lockdown regulations do not permit most other activities in the church though weddings and funerals can be held.
We have set out below the main guidance on how we must conduct ourselves in the church to protect ourselves and others from Covid-19.
How we conduct ourselves in the church & churchyard
- Maintain social distancing of 2m between households / support bubbles
- Wear a face covering at all times
- On entering church please give the sidesman your contact details for Test & Trace. See privacy notice in the church for more information.
- On entering the church (& leaving) and when using the toilet please use the hand sanitiser supplied
- Sit only in positions shown by a green tick sign on the pew – only one household or one support bubble in each position
- Please stay in your seat – do not move around the church more than necessary
- Please do not stand or converse in the aisles or entrance area – it makes social distancing difficult. Please hold conversations in the churchyard away from the path and other people and maintain social distancing.
- No physical contact – do not shake hands or hug. There will be no “Peace” in communion services
- The 8 am service will be in the Randall chapel and the 9.30 am / 5 pm am service in the nave to avoid infection between congregations
- There will be no congregational singing
- There will be no collection during the service – please place any donations in the plate by the entrance
- Bibles and prayer books will not be available. Please bring your own Bible. At 9.30 am / 5 pm service there will be a single use order of service; the 8 am congregation will be supplied with a yellow prayer book to take home and bring to services.
- During communion stay in your seat as the vicar will come to you with the wafer/wine.
- The children’s area will not be available