Unfortunately government restrictions severely affecting our church activities. The church is following the requirements and recommendations of the government and the Church of England and is keeping the situation under review. See below for more information.
Cancellations and consequences
Services are being held in the church but observing public health requirements to make them “covid secure” – see below. The lockdown regulations do not permit other activities in the church though weddings and funerals can be held with small congregations..
We have set out below the main guidance on how we must conduct ourselves in the church to protect ourselves and others from Covid-19.
Online services: Services at 10 am on Sundays will be continued online by Zoom, in addition to the services in the church, until further notice for those who are unable or unwilling to attend services in the church.
How we conduct ourselves in the church & churchyard
- Maintain social distancing of 2m between households
- Wear a face covering at all times
- On entering church please give the sidesman your contact details for Test & Trace. See privacy notice in the church for more information.
- On entering the church (& leaving) and when using the toilet please use the hand sanitiser supplied
- Sit only in positions shown by a green tick sign on the pew – only one household or one “bubble” in each position
- Please stay in your seat – do not move around the church more than necessary
- Please do not stand or converse in the aisles or entrance area – it makes social distancing difficult. Please hold conversations in the churchyard away from the path and other people and maintain social distancing.
- No physical contact – do not shake hands or hug. There will be no “Peace” in communion services
- The 8 am service will be in the Randall chapel and the 10 am service in the nave to avoid infection between congregations
- There will be no congregational singing
- There will be no collection during the service – please place any donations in the plate by the entrance
- Bibles and prayer books will not be available. Please bring your own Bible. At 10 am service there will be a single use order of service; the 8 am congregation will be supplied with a yellow prayer book to take home and bring to services.
- During communion stay in your seat as the vicar will come to you with the wafer/wine.
- We will not be serving refreshments
- The children’s area will not be available